International Students

It’s a little bit complicated to get all the papers and permissions if you want to live in B19!
Espacially international students have these problems when they’re already in germany.
An example: One problem is that you need a german bank account for your rental contract, but for the account you need a residance adress.

I know these problems cause I’ve had many foreign students as my roommates. So here’re a few information and facts for you:

1.) Bank Account:
Create a german bank account for your time abroad. There’re many different types. I prefer an account from DKB because the account is free for students and you can get your money at each cash machine you want.

2.) Official register at civil office:
You’ve to register yourself when you’re living in germany. You’ve to weeks to do that. 

Bürgerservice Bahnhofplatz
Verwaltungsgebäude Bahnhofplatz Hackländerstraße 1 52064 Aachen

Verkehrsanbindung: Haltestelle: Hauptbahnhof
Montag und Mittwoch von 08.00 – 16.00 Uhr
Dienstag, Donnerstag und Freitag von 08.00 – 12.30 Uhr
Bei hohem Kundenaufkommen kann es zu langen Wartezeiten und zu einer vorzeitigen Einstellung der Wartemarkenausgabe kommen.

3.) GEZ
Ask your roommates if they’re paying the GEZ fee. The duty fee is for television, radio and these things. The fee is around 17,00 € per month for your hole flat. You’ve to pay it!

4.) German mobile contract
All of my roommates had have their german mobile contracts after one month. You want to call your friends and have to organize some stuff.
The best contract for you is from „1&1“. It’s a contract, which you can chancel every months – so it’s very easy for people who are abroad.

It’s called: 1&1 All-Net-Flat Young
If you’re at the step: Warenkorb, there’re a few options. The important one is the first – change to „Ohne Mindestvertragslaufzeit“.